fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrtahoels06

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi am new to the tahoe. i just bought a 99 tahoe ls police package 4x4 and the number 9 fuse keeps on blowing, i replaced all the bulbs and rear tail light borads. i looked at the wires under the dash and everything is fine. i also took the aftermarket alarm off. and what happens is it will work for like a few housrs and then blow. if anyone could help me out, that will be great thanks..

ryank99

Reaction score
first thing i would do is to troubleshoot a little. try turning on different lights (courtesy,parking,turn signals,ect) one by one and see if any of those actions blow the fuse. this should help in narrowing down where to look.
if its and intermentant problem, you probably have a short somewhere. just throwing this out there, sonce it was a police vehicle, they tapped into to the light circuits to aid in the police lighting, look for spliced wires

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:13 PM ----------

i would also check the connector for trailer lights under the rear bumper

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700