Front seats swap??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MayhemJoe

Reaction score
Has anyone ever swapped in a pair of seats from another chevy into their NNBS? My driver seat needs foam replacement and also new upholstery. I really like the look of the new Camaro seats and was wondering how difficult it would be to swap a pair in.

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the camaro seats I believe you would have to have custom brackets fabricated to fit your tahoe. Even then, they might not be tall enough to get the proper driving position. I have the same issue of collapsed foam and rubbed leather on my driver's seat. I looked into an upholstery shop but they charge a lot to fix it.

It might be easier or cheaper to find a wrecked truck to pull a seat out of that matches yours. Maybe check Ebay

OP
OP
MayhemJoe

MayhemJoe

Reaction score
Yea, I was quoted $900 for just the front two seats. I frequent the pick n pulls around here, actually going in the morning. That's what I've been looking for but the NNBS seats go quick. I came across a second row black leather for $60 last week. Hopefully it's still there so I can try to flip it!

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

TheAutumnWind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simply coming from experience sitting in a camaro... I can't imagine that the seats would sit up high enough.

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I was quoted $900 for just the front two seats. I frequent the pick n pulls around here, actually going in the morning. That's what I've been looking for but the NNBS seats go quick. I came across a second row black leather for $60 last week. Hopefully it's still there so I can try to flip it!

I hope you have some luck there man. I was quoted $500 to fix my drivers seat. Makes Katzkin aftermarket leather sets not look quite so expensive. There aren't any good pick and pulls near me now but $60 is an amazing deal for second row leather.

Are the seats in your PPV fabric or vinyl? I know the old cop cars my buddies would buy for cheap were vinyl.

OP
OP
MayhemJoe

MayhemJoe

Reaction score
I hope you have some luck there man. I was quoted $500 to fix my drivers seat. Makes Katzkin aftermarket leather sets not look quite so expensive. There aren't any good pick and pulls near me now but $60 is an amazing deal for second row leather.

Are the seats in your PPV fabric or vinyl? I know the old cop cars my buddies would buy for cheap were vinyl.
Vinyl. They're great for the 8 year old that mostly occupies it but leather is so much more nice. I just replaced the vinyl floor with a full carpet set I pulled from a Yukon. Also $60. We have about 6 decent pick in pulls within an hour of us so it's usually a matter of timing to get the parts you want.

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vinyl. They're great for the 8 year old that mostly occupies it but leather is so much more nice. I just replaced the vinyl floor with a full carpet set I pulled from a Yukon. Also $60. We have about 6 decent pick in pulls within an hour of us so it's usually a matter of timing to get the parts you want.

I totally understand. It kills me sometimes with my 2 year old in the backseat. I already have lines from the carseat in my leather and milk stains on the carpet. That's life with kids though.

You're lucky man, that's how it is where I grew up in Florida with junkyards but in NC they are just few and far between.

Have you thought about installing any kind of center console in the front? I bet you could find one to put in.

OP
OP
MayhemJoe

MayhemJoe

Reaction score
I already have. Paid $7 for it. Haha. My brother in law looked shocked when they told me the price. It's only a fabric jump seat. I'll replace it when I hopefully find front leathers.

JT 07LTZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I'm just jealous haha. That is crazy cheap. It would be awesome to find a black LTZ interior to scavenge. I hate my tan interior but the deal I got on this truck at an auction was too good to pass up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbrown415