Front lower valance question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So tomorrow I am going to be lowering my Tahoe 2"ft -3" rear, It seems that the black lower valance below the painted front bumper is pretty low already, It seems that after I lower it, it will be pretty close to the curb stops and parking curbs. What is everyone doing about these, trimming them or taking them off completely?? I am not worried about it, but my wife drives it all the time and I am afraid she is going to forget and plow it into a parking stop. LOL. Also if i were to take it off is that going to affect any cooling issues or something weird???? OR is the whole thing not a big deal at all since it is only being lowerd 2" in front?? Thanks.

Wakinvol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not lowered...I did hang the valence a couple of times so I trimmed it. Was just showing the look of one trimmed.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left my air dam in place. It looks bad without it (or trimmed). I'd leave it as is, and have a nice chat with your wife about not ramming it into a curb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnsoex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No issues for me on a 2/4 drop with auto ride. Haven't hit a stop, curb or rubbed on a driveway yet. I'd leave it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper