Front HVAC not functioning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad Route

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For the past month or so I haven't used my 2007 Yukon's HVAC system. It's been very mild weather. Now, however it's getting cold, and windows are getting frosty and fogging up. On my way to work the other day I attempted to turn on my front defrost to kill the fog on my windshield, only to realize that my front blower is not putting out any air. I kicked on the auxiliary and the back works just fine. After researching this I was adamant that the issue is the blower motor resistor. I took the stock Bosch one out and tested it with a multimeter and it seemed ok. I decided to buy a new one anyways. I installed it and still no airflow. So now, I'm thinking a bad blower motor. Before I invest 100s of dollars on this part, is there any way to test it to see if it's actually bad? Also, are there other things I need to be looking at as well? I'm at 230,000, trying to get to 300,000 but I don't know if she's going to make it. lol Thanks

Yea and I did check the 40a fuse for the blower motor under the hood. Visually and with a fluke.

Last edited:

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Mines got over 300,000 now keep the oil changed regularly
I had to replace my blower motor already along with the door actuator now I have to replace the temp door as the driver side is blowing hot all the time and it’s very aggravating if your doing it yourself and got the time order online it’ll be cheaper and it’s not too hard to replace just awkward to get to

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
By saying "not putting out any air" do you mean that the blower isn't turning at all? Or that it's turning and there seems to be some kind of constipation?

Disconnect the blower motor pigtail and connect it to a 12v source that can supply a few amps. It should run on that, since that's what the High setting does.

Trey Hardy

8” fabtech icon coilovers uniballs 24x14on35/15.50
Reaction score
Does anyone have the part number for the temperature door actuator or whatever it is called? My driver side is stuck on heat and it’s starting to warm up so some ac would be nice! I’ve been trying to find it on advance but don’t know what it’s called

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA