Front Door speaker installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02GMCyukon

Reaction score
S.L.A.B said:
how do those kickers sound compaired to stock bose? im debating between these and focal 165a1's

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

How do these kickers compair to stock bose? im debateing onn these and focal 165a1's.

Can't compare really, stock Bose were completely rotten with nothing left. But I am 200% certain they sound atleast 201% better than the stock. :) buy them, you won't regret it. I got mine from amazon for 64.99 shipped.

tRidiot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have spent extensive time rebuilding my inner doorskins. Finally at this point, I have a set of 6.5" (more like 7" really) monster Exodus Audio Anarchy midbasses in there, one per door. Each is in a custom fiberglass enclosure which slides into the doorwell itself and is mounted to the inner metal doorskin. Then the factory doorpanels go back on to keep everything appearing mostly stock.

It's been hell trying to get really good solid midbass out of the Tahoe doors. I mean hell. I think we've rebuilt these 4 times. Next time, I'll be having custom fuberglass doorpanels built with pods for either 2-3 6.5s or a couple of high-output 8s, or even a 6.5/12" combo.

I'm a fanatic about midbass/up-front bass. Currently running 400W per door just to the midbasses. These trucks are pretty difficult to get good hammering midbass out of, much more difficult than my previous 240sx, where I had an 8" in each door and was in Nirvana...