Front clip swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
Is it possible to swap out the front of my 06 Tahoe for the front of the 05 Silverado? It looks like the body lines would match up with the doors. Are all of the mounting points the same on the frame?

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a guy on here w/ a ss tahoe, w/ a newer chevy front end. Cant remember his name, but you should ask him how he did it all. (i personally dont like the newer front ends, but it is different) And if done right, can look pretty sweet. just not for me.

Last edited:

solefood21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The mounting points are all pretty much the same for the body panels. You will need all of the sheet metal, the headlight "buckets", of course all lighting...

The front bumper requires different mounting brackets. You'll need to cut the old frame horns off and drill and bolt on the new ones from the silvy. With that and a little bit of aligning you should be good to go.

I did this on mine about 2-3 years ago. I would take some pics but it's been in the shop for a while getting some serious work done.

Old pic on ART shockwaves, coolride, and Foose 22s. It's the kit that fatnlow504 has on his.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 PM ----------

DSC01210.jpg

ROB28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had to get the front frame brackets that hold the front bumper from the 06 silverado but i saw one that they just cut the tahoe brackets of and welded them side ways and it worked just fine

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really? I hope we can see the picture of his truck. But I don't like the idea of swapping the front clip. Not my type. I rather get the Retro Kits Body Conversion Kits-Front Clip, expensive but looks awesome. :)

there is also a guy w/ a SS burban. Complete kit, had the silvy front end, bumpers, both front and rear, body cladding. Looks killer. Thread on here somewhere i think, if not google SS burban. He has some youtube videos of it also.

1lowhoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got a buddy named DRAGO has a hoe with a silvi clip looks cool and they deff do look good that was my second choice beside the 2500 clip

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wyodave