Front Camera Error & Leaking Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn thats crazy... if they can't see a leak like that they are idiots

I know. I am somewhat of an idiot for not noticing it for a week... But, unfortunately during the week I come and go in the dark this time of year. So I didn't have a chance to notice it until I had about 20 of those spots.

Jproy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it a camera you can see from the screen on the center console? It's pretty weak if you can't see it and they went to the trouble to put it there. I would use it almost every time I drive the vehicle

PokerMunkee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, that will be standard on 2016 Denalis (j/k)

The camera is used for watching lines on the road for the lane departure warning.

Yngbld32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PM someone from GM Customer Service. I had a problem with my Duramax and they helped resolve it. If you get a good one they are very good. I didn't get a O2 sensor covered past warranty by person they sent me to. It was a known problem, it just happened after the short emissions warranty was up. They declined to fix it and i called Customer Service rep back and the next call I got was it was covered.

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went back to the dealership a 3rd time for the camera problem. 2nd time for the leaking oil.

This time the actually changed the oil again like I demanded and found there was no crush washer on the drain plug. I specifically told them the last time that is what I thought the problem was.... So at least they fixed it... But 3 trips and a ton of oil stains on my driveway. I asked them to come clean my driveway or at least give me some chemical to clean t with and they blew me off.

They kept the truck for 3 days "diagnosing" the camera. In the end they ripped my sun pass off and ruined it. (sticker for paying electronic tolls in FL) they said it was causing the problem.

They did not attempt to replace the camera as I have insisted they should do all three times.

And this came on 2 days later. Then a few more days later.

At this point I am going to pursue the lemon law. Who ever heard of going to the dealership 3 times for the same problem and they don't even attempt to replace the part to troubleshoot!?!?!?

slPs9PH.jpg

JPH

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Front Camera issue

Steve,
I also have had the infrequent front camera issue. FWIW - My dealer told me that GM knows about the issue but they do not have a fix so there is nothing the dealer can do right now - they will keep checking

OP
OP
S

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Steve,

I also have had the infrequent front camera issue. FWIW - My dealer told me that GM knows about the issue but they do not have a fix so there is nothing the dealer can do right now - they will keep checking

Good to know it isn't just me... Did they attempt to replace the camera? Seems like a logical step to at least attempt.

I sent an email to GM and the dealer yesterday with no response. I love this truck but the service at GM and my dealer is a joke.

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

Also, mine is at least once a week usually more. So I wouldn't necessarily call it infrequent...

customlll

Reaction score
I have 2015 LTZ and my camera is leaking oil down the inside of the windshield, I took it in and they say it is coming from the sunroof, they cleaned the window and told me to have a nice day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadi awais