Front Ac not blowing cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nkostop

Reaction score
I have a 99 Yukon Denali and my front vents are not blowing cold for some reason. The rear ac is blowing ice cold. I know this is a common problem but I can't find a straight answer. Any feedback is appreciated.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
If, while the back is blowing cold, the front is blowing warm air then it is likely that the orifice valve for the the front system is plugged.

OP
OP
nkostop

nkostop

Reaction score
Any idea where it's located, I assume somewhere new the blower?

mattss90

Reaction score
Rather than start a new thread, maybe this can be answered here.

I have a 2 door, so I only have front AC vents. The air blows cold but It can take 10-15 for it to really start blowing cold. What could this be from? Is the pump going bad, need a recharge, or just plain old technology?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you need a gauge set to obtain pressure reading to be exactly sure. If pressure takes that long to build up then the compressor is gone. But low refrigerant can cause problems too. get a gauge set, set it up video it with audio cues of when you hvac buttons while filming the gauge set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leno1364

Latest posts