Found best visibility, and its under 20 bones...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What [actual] wire gauge?
on those particular ones I don't know, last time I bought a batch was in 2016 and ebay just erased it out of my purchase history, I usually just eyeball some and pick one there is a lot of different ones on ebay but usually there probably about 10 gauge, unless you get unlucky and get some with thick insulation and 12 gauge or less inside. Lol
you can find some much better ones by searching for a brand name like KC, Bosch, Hella but there usually pricey

usnret

Reaction score
Used a harness for a Silverado on my 06 Tahoe. Got it from LMC trucks. Ended up modifying it so much that it would have quicker to build from scratch.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
on those particular ones I don't know, last time I bought a batch was in 2016 and ebay just erased it out of my purchase history, I usually just eyeball some and pick one there is a lot of different ones on ebay but usually there probably about 10 gauge, unless you get unlucky and get some with thick insulation and 12 gauge or less inside. Lol
you can find some much better ones by searching for a brand name like KC, Bosch, Hella but there usually pricey

12g is plenty, 10 is overkill. I think I'd feed the high side of the relay with 10 or 8 and feed each headlight with 12 or 10.

For cheap-but-good weatherproof relays and sockets, I cut them with about 12" of wire from Fords at the salvage yard. They're Hella and come with 10g in the connectors. M local yard lets me have them for about $4.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So having gone the Spyder route the last few years, I just got sick of the poor visibility in rain. I picked up some chromed OEM type assemblys, and threw in some H9 bulbs instead of H11 (a trick we used on wifes old Traverse that made huge difference). Kicks ass in these too. I have included shots of h9 vs hid in spyder projector, h9 vs h11, 2 h9, the difference in bulbs (h9 has extra tab you got to shave off), and image of $5 h9 package. Forget silverstars - just put in H9s...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
try the ones with the white housing on them those are much better. then the black packaged ones

I used those in my car there were great

Also don't chop up the bulbs ( you risk getting oils on it) just get a genderbender on ebay (adapter )

Last edited:

yugrus

Reaction score
I guess I'm half-way there. I put H9-s on a stock harness in my Tahoe, and at the same time made a harness for my son's Crown Vic PPV, because they are notorious for dim lights. Made it with 10ga silicon wires, waterproof relay and ceramic sockets.
Both projects yielded great results. Why did I not think about making harness for Tahoe- beats me. Gotta measure the voltage at the bulb there...
Thank you guys for the idea. Harness for Tahoe and better bulbs for the Vic.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trackman