Forum virgin... lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alytwauga

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey... so I'm completely new to this whole forum thing I have no idea how this works besides discussions on specific topics. Anyways I am a proud new owner of a 99 Yukon and as much as I love my new bff he's been giving me hell with keeping up with the maintenance of a veteran of the road... I myself am not a mechanic of any sort but I do have a good friend who does my dirty work for a low cost. That being said we've ran into a situation with a power steering leak... it appears to be coming from the pump/ Reservoir area... went to AutoZone to buy a new pump and there isn't one that matched... went to the Chevy dealership and they informed us that the factory pump we have has been discontinued... we don't have any junk yards or you pulls that are closer than 90 miles to where we live and even those are limited... so i guess my question is what are our options?

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Dealership won't stock a part for a truck that old. They only sell oem and after a vehicle is 15+ years old they stop making factory parts for that model.
So what's left is aftermarket parts from AutoZone, napa, etc or online, ebay, rockauto.
It's still a very popular truck thay shares the same parts as other gm trucks. Power steering pump being one of them. 99% sure it's the same part for tahoe, Silverado, sierra, escalade.

I would post in vehicle specific thread first.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forums/engine-drivetrain.105/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645