Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JonTiffany1

Reaction score
I do believe that my '00 Yukon may have been in an accident at one point. The trim cap on the front bumper is textured, not painted (should be painted, even at the SLE trim level), there is a part number still painted on the bumper, behind where the license plate would go, and the front valance has no ports for fog lights. Meanwhile, all of the fuses and relays are in position on the under hood fuse panel, and the OEM fog light button is on the dash. I'm not overly concerned with the other two items, just the lack of fog lights. What is the easiest way to proceed with this? Any suggestions for either going back to the valance with the fog ports and OEM lenses, or something original and unique, will be appreciated. Thanks!

Jon

OP
OP
J

JonTiffany1

Reaction score
UPDATE--Found the fog light wires. No bulbs, no lenses, no valance...this guy basically got the front end goofed up some way or another, and ended up plucking the bumper from a Sierra and slapping it on there. Everything was zip-tied up and out of the way, but now I have to play scavenger hunt at the pick a part to get everything i need. Yesterday, we had a day that didnt rain (right away) and was able to pluck a painted trim cap for $13 (same color too!) Now all thats left is to find someone a little more inclined than me to straighten the bumper and then help pluck and paint a fog light valance.

Additionally, we found that the previous owner also created some makeshift docking lights that were mounted in the bumper, or so we thought. Upon closer inspection, these docking lights were actually supplementary turn signal lights, that were set up to wig wag, and even had a toggled kill switch wired in with a s**t brown wire. Very clever, but you create enough spaghetti in the process that you can choke an Italian. So Sunday night was "clean up the spaghetti" night, where we removed all of the excess wiring, scotch locks, etc, from the back going to the front, taped up all of the wires that had scotch locks on them, replaced a few fuses, and closed it all back up.

I look forward to receiving some informative responses...thanks!!

Jon

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like your on your way. It's a simple swap to a fog lower valance. Order the valance and fog lights online. They are both super cheap. Just bought new fogs for mine for $20 shipped brand new. Mine will see a retrofit so I wasn't worried about the quality as the housing will be opened, painted and re sealed to my standards. But initial impressions look to be of good quality. I believe they are eagle eye brand

OP
OP
J

JonTiffany1

Reaction score
Sounds like your on your way. It's a simple swap to a fog lower valance. Order the valance and fog lights online. They are both super cheap. Just bought new fogs for mine for $20 shipped brand new. Mine will see a retrofit so I wasn't worried about the quality as the housing will be opened, painted and re sealed to my standards. But initial impressions look to be of good quality. I believe they are eagle eye brand

Glad to hear that! Feels pretty good when a project comes together, lol. I was a little confused on how to remove the valance from the bumper, otherwise i might have gotten it yesterday. Any suggestions?

Also, would I be able to bend the bumper back on my own? Or should I just leave it to the professionals...lol

Thank you,
Jon

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a chrome bumper.... if it's dented, leave it dented or replace it. Those are fairly cheap too lol. Even if they bend it back, the chrome will still look like crap. As for removing the valance, it's just a bunch of 10mm (I believe) bolts. Stick your head under and you should see a bunch of speed clips. There should be a bolt in each one. I would guess and say maybe 10 bolts tops... Google speed clip to see what I'm talking about

OP
OP
J

JonTiffany1

Reaction score
It's a chrome bumper.... if it's dented, leave it dented or replace it. Those are fairly cheap too lol. Even if they bend it back, the chrome will still look like crap. As for removing the valance, it's just a bunch of 10mm (I believe) bolts. Stick your head under and you should see a bunch of speed clips. There should be a bolt in each one. I would guess and say maybe 10 bolts tops... Google speed clip to see what I'm talking about

The chrome is fine, its just that on the passenger side its a little pushed in. Not dented, just pushed. I think we might be able to get away with bending it. Worst case, I'll just take the front chrome bumper WITH the valance. Screw the speed clips lol. Only problem is that nothing in that yard is clean. Rust everywhere. Thank you!!

Jon

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahh gotcha. You should be able to bend the bumper back yourself then. Check the Brace bar behind the bumper, should go from the backside of the bumper to the frame. I bet its bent too. Screw the speed clips? why, they make life pretty easy on installation of stuff like that. Look on Ebay for the bumper and valance.

OP
OP
J

JonTiffany1

Reaction score
Ahh gotcha. You should be able to bend the bumper back yourself then. Check the Brace bar behind the bumper, should go from the backside of the bumper to the frame. I bet its bent too. Screw the speed clips? why, they make life pretty easy on installation of stuff like that. Look on Ebay for the bumper and valance.

LOL...I meant that if I was taking the bumper, might as well leave the valance attached. Get it? :)

Jon

OP
OP
J

JonTiffany1

Reaction score
Lmc.com offers up a bunch of stuff for our truck pretty cheap and seem to be decent quality also try keystone automotive

Dont tempt me, lol...i love LMC. So far have not been disappointed by the prices nor the service. I think I am just going to remove the valance altogether for now. Went to the pick a part the other day to look for the valance with fog light pods and there wasnt a single one, meanwhile there were three only a week before! But on the way out we saw a Sierra and it looked pretty badass without the valance. I'll roll with it for now, but I think I am on the road otherwise as far as having a sickass truck lol. Thanks!!

Jon