Flex Fuel vs Non Flex

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tx tahoe z71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, naturally E85 is going to get worse MPG, I don't think anyone would argue that. Stoich on E85 is 9.76 and stoich on E10 (93 octane with 10% ethanol) is about 14.1.

IMHO, you wouldn't be getting a Flex Fuel for its ability to run E85, you would buy it for the larger fuel injectors and fuel pump so you don't have to upgrade later on if you want to add a cam, supercharger, headers, etc. I am still on my stock FF fuel pump with 75# injectors, and I was running the stock injectors at 7psi (at 10psi now).

Of course, if gas prices go through the roof, the option could be very nice.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response guys. I think I'm gonna get a flex fuel one. My 04 Yukon is, so why not my newer one. We dont have E85 where I'm at in Florida, but I did see it everywhere in Colorado a few years back. I'm really looking at 2 vehicles now, both are 04's flex fuels. One is a 4x4 yukon and other a z71 hoe. The hoe is black and the kon is birch. Decisions, decisions.....

Yea I mean if you have the option between the two then why not get it but just letting you know it's kind of worthless lol. I live in CO and have a flex fuel avy and I haven't gotten it once :Handshake:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yukrazy

Latest posts