Finished my Big 3, Deck, subwoofer and almost done with dual amp set up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bolo1g2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello. Just wanted to post some pics of my Big 3 and what I'm doing for my amps. let me start off by saying, that I'm a hobbyist when it comes to electrical. I did my deck myself, my compnents up front, Big 3, and amps. My only goal with this install was to keep it clean and kind of factory looking, nothing over the top and just keep it simple. here are a few pics.

Big 3, All wires are KnuKonceptz 0 Gauge with soldered ring terminals. Have an inline 200amp ANL Fuse. Amp wiring is a Stinger HPL 4 Gauge kit. Inline 150amp MIDI fuse
Big3part1.jpg

Big 3 going across to Alt +
Big3part2.jpg

Dark picture of where I went through the firewall for my 4 gauge to the amp. THere's a rubber grommet where the trunk release wire runs from the cab to the latch. Just followed that through.
Ampthroughfirewall.jpg

2 amps. One 2 channel Polk audio for the front compenents, 6.5" Massive Audio RK6. And the Tru Tech S500 for the 12" FI Audio Q12 at 2ohms. I found wiring the amps was pretty easy, I ran all the power lines through the drivers side and the RCA's on the passenger side, there was a channel on each side any the wires fit great. I am wiring all amps under the 2nd row seats since there is clearance for the amps there.
DualAmpsetu.jpg

JVC Pic
JVC740.jpg

My Sub FIQ12. I'm looking for opinions on mounting this sub, kind of stealth in the cargo area. I've never fiberglassed but I've seen a lot on doing that where the spare tire tools are kept, I'm not sure, if there are any pics of single 12" subs, mounted stealth in the cargo area I'd appreciate it.
FIQ12.jpg

gmc_z71_95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not mine...not sure of sub size...might have gotten these pics off of this site...

Attachments

• trukpic018.jpg
    trukpic018.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 57
  • trukpic019.jpg
    trukpic019.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
B

bolo1g2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like he cut out that part of the cargo area? I wonder how he got the box to work? Maybe a wood insert?

OP
OP
B

bolo1g2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read through that forum, I need to figure out how to get my sub back there as it's pretty deep and has a large magnet. May end up going a whole different direction. But thanks for the link.

gmc_z71_95

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a lame question... Probably just gonna tap into the factory sub wires and just put a box with a couple of 8's in the back of mine...is it okay to mount my amp to the box or will it be too much vibration?

OP
OP
B

bolo1g2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally don't like to mount amp to the box cuz if someone wants to steal it, it's one stop shopping. But I doubt you'll hurt the amp.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bubba6

Latest posts