Fedex came today!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice!! I may have to see if someone can do some PS work for me so that I can see how it'd look on mine before I do it but that looks really good on yours!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yeah, I actually used that scribe thats in the headlight. I just lined up te straight edge of the Lamin X where the line meets the top and bottom of the headlight the cut it off on the back side between the light and the fender. Took me about 30 min.

Looking good. I used Lamin X on my side markers back in 2008 and its still holding up strong now.

mark1500

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tahoe looks great, do you have a 4x4? If so how difficult was it with the drive shaft through the spindle?

Thanks

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! :waytogo: Do you have a thread on how you blacked out your amber reflector in your headlights?

Also....got any pics on the extended cab in the driveway? :naughty:

The blacked out amber reflector in the headlights looks ****!!!

DIY? :Handshake:

I'm confused.. is the Lamin X inside the headlight or does it just sit on top? Can't tell from pics.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The blacked out amber reflector in the headlights looks ****!!!

DIY? :Handshake:

Without a doubt!! I'm going to start looking into getting some of that Lamin X and possibly doing it to my Burb. Should be pretty straight forward to do in the driveway. The good thing about it is if it doesn't look right on a maroon ride the mod can easily be reversed :) I'm glad itsspeeds posted up these pics. Not sure why I didn't notice it before on modded's ride :shrug:

OP
OP
I

itsspeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sumo and Felix, I didn't take the light off the truck at all. Its like a tint that goes over the headlight. They do make various colors and darker shades as well. I think I paid $35 with shipping for a 12x12 sheet. I used the Charcoal 30% tint. Modded has a lighter one on his. I thik it was Smoked 17%.

Mark, my mechanic friend made it look easy, so I guess it would depend on your experience level.

Burb, For $35 bucks, its gotta be one of the cheapest mods I've done!

Last edited:

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Yes mine is smoked. Don't know where you got yours but mine only ran $20 for the 12 x 12 sheet.

OP
OP
I

itsspeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got it off the Lamin X website. Its $25 for the sheet. Plus $10 for shipping. They also send a small spray bottle, a lil squeegee and a razor knife all included.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommyNomad