faulty remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheatswake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
once in a while my remote start will not work. the lights flash and i hear a click in the engine area but nothing else. repeated attempts do nothing so i have to start with the key. i then notice the A/C controls are set a factory setting of 74 degress, compressor on, circulation on. anyone else ever had this happen?

alxs210

Reaction score
When i put leds in my tails my remote start functionality was taken away. any leds?

JNUTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does your seat warmer come on to? Just wondering because the other day I got in after remote start and sat there for a sec before starting the engine and noticed the seat warmer was on.

Also mine does this everyonce in awhile, no LED mods. I usually just start it up regular and the next time I try it, it works fine

OP
OP
wheatswake

wheatswake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seat warmers come on when the temp. is below a certain level. mine do it on extremely cold mornings.

---------- Post added at 12:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

jnutz, when you start it reg style after remote start fails are your A/C controls reset?

JNUTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
[[/COLOR]jnutz, when you start it reg style after remote start fails are your A/C controls reset?[/QUOTE]

I haven't noticed that. It has only failed a hand full of times. I've noticed that sometimes it just takes a little longer also for it to start (more like 10 sec)

But it has just not worked from time to time

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 07 escalade, the remotes start would do the same as you described after i would turn the car on with the remote and back off a few times, when i was showing it to others. After i actually drove the car and turned it back off, it would work fine.