Fault codes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Needmoremoney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a 99 denali with 'service engine soon' light on. BOTH are P1345 crankshaft position/camshaft position sensor as per actron code reader. 1/2 says 'sensor correlation CONFIRMED'. 2/2 says 'sensor correlation PENDING'.
So.....can anybody give me an idea of exactly what that means? Are there 2 separate sensors, is 1 bad causing the other to be out of whack? Am i totally going the wrong direction? How do i go about changing it....them? Cost? What about a rough idea of cost if i have my mechanic do it....them?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the alignment of the dizzy appears to be off. you need to get help with a scanner that can read cam_retard to properly realign the dizzy so the code is not an issue. a local shop can help out easy. should take less then a hour.

nikoniko99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the alignment of the dizzy appears to be off. you need to get help with a scanner that can read cam_retard to properly realign the dizzy so the code is not an issue. a local shop can help out easy. should take less then a hour.

hey Sunlit,

i'm reading a lot of these p1345 error code post and i am stuck! im certain that it needs to be realigned but my mechanic can't seem to do so. He says there's not a lot play in rotating the dizzy. we gotta reading of -16 and went down to -13 but shot right back up to -16 as soon as he stopped. a couple of post i've read saying they had to grind a certain part the dizzy to have more play but i have no clue what that part is. any help would be appreciated!

thanks in advance!

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
don't grind anything the same engine parts have been made the same way for many years with out needing grinding. you just may need to reread directions for the install. i would guess that the dizzy is a tooth off causing you issues. depending on the year you have to have the engine at a certain rpm for the measurement of the cam_retard setting to display accurately.

nikoniko99

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
THANKS SUNLIT! Took it out one last time and installed it following directions and we got it on point and got the SES light off!

another question... after getting the SES light off do i have to perform a drive cycle?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Not really unless you want to know for sure asap if something is still wrong. Just go about your cruising. If it is truly gone it will stay gone. This particular code sets itself on the first regular diagnostic test that runs and fails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick9667