Fast stop requires turinging off than on in the Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 03 Denali bout 134k on it. I did a brake fluid line flush because I had a issue with braking. Seemed to only happen if I slammed on the brakes or made a stop that would bring the pedal to the floor. The truck stops fine but after that it's like the breaks still lock. I have to slam on the gas and I'll creep away. After the fluid line flush it still did it this time on the interstate. Nearly got smoked. Slammed on the gas to get out out the way started burning up pads had some smoke.

I turned off the truck throw it in park wait a couple minutes take off no problem. Just had it happen again at the local store, seems like when it does I have to throw it in park and turn it off than on to reset it.

I checked the pads they have plenty left on them, rotors are smooth plenty of life left. Breaking at normal speeds the Denali is fine. Not sure where to go from here.

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like sticking calipers. happened to my bosses 05 silverado. or ABS unit being funky?

OP
OP
jcevans7

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ABS has been fine. Light never comes on truck never does the pulsing when I make a fast stop too.

OP
OP
jcevans7

jcevans7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I will look it up tomorrow leaving work where it is and try it before I pull in to the drive way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juniordaboi909

Latest posts