factory amp removel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikehea28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
first off before i get to my qustion i would like to say. this is a great site as that is said i am removeing my factory amp in a 2001 yukon and i need to the color codes on the wires for the output side of the amp so i can install the wireing for a new aftermarket amp i just picked up

any help is much appreciated

thanks mke

Last edited:

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need a Haynes manual.

---------- Post added at 08:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 AM ----------

This should be accurate.

LF - GRY
LF + TAN
RF - DK GRN
RF + LT GRN

RR - LT BLU
RR + DK BLU
LR - YEL
LR + BRN

This info is from my Haynes Manual...
Chevy Silverade, GMC Sierra

1999 thru 2006 2WD and 4WD
Gas Engines - Inc. Burb, Hoe
GMC Yukon, Yukon XL

OP
OP
mikehea28

mikehea28

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will pick one up. I will post some photos when finished.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MaxVic

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been trying to bypass my factory amp in my 2002 Tahoe no Bose but premium sound and OnStar. The amp is located behind the glove box and what I've found out is that my anti theft among other things is run through that amp. Meaning when I unplug my factory amp I get no power to anything and I can't start my truck. What I'm working on now is a way to bypass the amp while still giving it power so it controlls the other things. I'm picking up the wiring diagrams for all my connecters and audio stuff from GMC sometime soon. Once I figure out what to do I'll try to post pictures and instructions. If you figure something out that works please do the same. I hope you haven't cut any wires or pulled the amp out yet.

DCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why remove it? I'm not sure it's worth the effort. Why not just mount your new amp somewhere else?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rideredin602