Extremely rough ride, 2011 LTZ.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

g00n

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
90k miles 2011 LTZ. I’ve just replaced the front shocks and struts with arnott’s. Ball joints replaced. However, the ride is still, excuse my French, total shit. Feeling every bump, going over speed bumps at +10mph feels like the shocks are concrete.

What could be the issue here?

Tires are KO2’s (7 years old). Planning on replacing soon.
2” spacers to level car.
Stock rear suspension.

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pick a road which you're familiar with the rough spots. On a stretch with no traffic and no curves, pull over and unplug the electrical connectors on the four shocks. Slowly drive a short distance over the rough spots. DO NOT jig the wheel left to right. Note any differences. Pull over and reconnect all four connections. Report your findings here.

OP
OP
G

g00n

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m looking at my parts numbers and I think I know the problem…

I installed the z95 Arnott’s (MR-3568) on my z55 autoride! After doing a little digging, some people say they are interchangeable but I highly doubt it.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
90k miles 2011 LTZ. I’ve just replaced the front shocks and struts with arnott’s. Ball joints replaced. However, the ride is still, excuse my French, total shit. Feeling every bump, going over speed bumps at +10mph feels like the shocks are concrete.

What could be the issue here?

Tires are KO2’s (7 years old). Planning on replacing soon.
2” spacers to level car.
Stock rear suspension.

So you have an LTZ trim with Z55 suspension with presumably 20" wheels and running dry rotted all terrain tires. Ditch the level and realign the truck, let the compressor level out the truck, put some Michelin Defenders on those wheels in or near the stock size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar