Explain Something to Me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its just not for you. there's nothing else to explain.
if stock is good enough for you then by all means stick to stock. i prefer a better sounding setup then most stock stereos and i prefer strong low end.
2 15s, 7000watts rms tuned low to 32hz...

i work in an absolute perfect acoustic environment. my mains have over 3000rms worth of power and sound amazing.
dual 15s (4in Vc)
dual 9 in mid
dual 5in ribbons
single 2in ribbon
all in 1 cabinet...
570lbs each with 21inch subwoofer that has 6inch vc

b&w 805's and jbl monitors as well

and all this is in what? got pics?

---------- Post added at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

There is a local shortbus here walled with 2 18'' kicker solo X's.... lol

[yt]A5tMvgbXH3o[/yt]

that would make a great demo vehicle for some stereo company.

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its a hobby to some people. Just the same as customizing your truck...

How come people arent just happy with a set of rims and a little lowering?
Why do they go all out and bag it and shave things custom paint?

Why do people build 30,000 square foot houses for 2 people?

Why do people buy 200,000 dollar cars when a 20K car would do fine?

Why do people do anything?

Because they can.

Tahoejoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will take a crack at this one.
Because I’m a fan of the outrageous for audio, so much of a fan I cant stand to watch I like to be in the mix. Built my first house speaker at 13 and been an audio junkie ever since. I’m 33 now and my cars have progressively gotten louder over the years. Nothing to explain really it’s just a goal of perfect sound banging louder than thunder. (And you’re right from an structural audio engineering standpoint is the WORST possible scenario.) = Challenge.
I have a buddy who races superbikes and he asked me the same question. I preferred the counter question of asking why he owns 3 superbikes when he can’t test them on the street legally and why he built his very classy 69 Camaro into a quarter mile monster.
I like speed but I don’t want to die. He likes music loud but don’t want to feel pressure on his lungs from 150db+ SPL. So he understood at that point we are all nuts. All hobbies are childish or stupid depending on the eye of the beholder. Hell my Dad still goes to the gun range twice a week!! FOR WHAT!! His 60 year old ass isn’t going to war. I have no idea.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a hobby to me, I have 4- 12s now and its ridiculously loud as a matter a fact I need to upgrade my electrical, but anyway Im selling that setup and gonna try something else maybe 6-12s or 4-15s lol, I would love to see this suburban tho it may give me some ideas so if you see it again snap some pics

Tahoejoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gotta go with the 4 15"s!! 15's need a very surprisingly small amount of airspace. 3 cubes per for WOW SPL if you have the power to back it up.

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad to say I dont hell I can't even push the 4-12s on my current electrical, so Im gonna start everything over, gonna get my components right first then come with the thunder

andrewmoore13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm only runnin 2 12's on about 2500W right now. VERY small space taken up (2.4 cubes NET for both subs)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxbyukonxl