Explain Something to Me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boomer73

Boom Boom
Reaction score
I'm not hatin' just explain something to me:

Today I saw a Suburban it had the back two rows of seats removed and in their place it was packed with amps, speakers, and monitors all in custom enclosures. So a 7000lb vehicle, with two seats, and probably $15K of audio equipment packed into the the worlds worst auditory environment - a long metal and glass box.

Am I missing something? Now I'm not an audiophile, and I understand wanting some bass in your ride, and I get that the factory systems really aren't very good, but seriously, what is the attraction to loading up full size SUV's with ridiculous systems? 6 speakers and sub isn't enough?

What's next, a short bus with two seats and 15' of batteries, amps and subs?

-B

Anthony

2004 Tahoe LT (MA)
Reaction score
Maybe it was a show truck or just trying to get the highest SPL?

I think the highest I would ever go is one really really nice 18" with 3000W RMS to it. I think it would be LOUD, but still not take up all the room.

my $0.02

(I'm very happy with my 2 Alpine Type R 12s with 750RMS to each)

RSymons

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To each their own! People like what they like! I would not go, so over the top with a system like that, but i have with other things, that others felt were silly.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can explain, different strokes for different folks.

B

01yukonslt

need more deebeeeez!
Reaction score
ya probably an all out SPL vehicle that isnt driven daily. personally for me i think once I get my 18 on 900 watts and still have nearly 2 feet of space behind the box for storage ill be more than happy with both the music and space.

droppedHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its just not for you. there's nothing else to explain.
if stock is good enough for you then by all means stick to stock. i prefer a better sounding setup then most stock stereos and i prefer strong low end.
2 15s, 7000watts rms tuned low to 32hz...

i work in an absolute perfect acoustic environment. my mains have over 3000rms worth of power and sound amazing.
dual 15s (4in Vc)
dual 9 in mid
dual 5in ribbons
single 2in ribbon
all in 1 cabinet...
570lbs each with 21inch subwoofer that has 6inch vc

b&w 805's and jbl monitors as well

Last edited:

NoPh33rRaCiNg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a local shortbus here walled with 2 18'' kicker solo X's.... lol