Exhaust rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Corsa exhaust installed several months ago and now it seems there is a rattle occurring whenever there is a slight press on the accelerator, such as when moving forward in a drive thru or slowly pulling out of a parking space. I initially only heard it during those times but over the weekend I noticed it while at cruising speed with my foot slightly on the accelerator but when pushing further or releasing altogether the rattle would go away. It doesn't seem to matter if this is on a cold start or I have been driving for a while.

Any thoughts as to what it could be? I'm thinking maybe a connection has come loose a little bit? I don't have access to a lift so it's hard to get a good look at everything underneath but willing to try and squeeze under there and check if someone has a good suggestion. I'd rather not pay the dealership labor rates if it could be a simple fix.

11TGM

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem your having, in my case it's the exhaust flapper right before the muffler. Mine does it more when it goes from V8 to V4, going to eliminate the AFM once I get BBP tune in Dec.

OP
OP
chicagofan00

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem your having, in my case it's the exhaust flapper right before the muffler. Mine does it more when it goes from V8 to V4, going to eliminate the AFM once I get BBP tune in Dec.

Hmm, mine could be the flapper too and could very well be why I am now hearing it on the freeway at cruising as I'm sure it had dropped down to V4 mode when I would hear it.

How did you know it was the flapper, did you have someone take a look at it? Is it not something that could be fixed? I can just tune out the V4 mode to fix the issue on the freeway, which isn't a big deal, but it would be nice to have it resolved at the lower speeds as well as that is where it really bothers me.

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Problem is that you shouldn't have a flapper if you have a Corsa exhaust.

hundhaus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Corsa on my 2015 Denali XL and when I put it in there is no flapper used or provided. Best mod I made to this truck!

OP
OP
chicagofan00

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, good to know. I hadn't gotten under the truck yet to check and couldn't recall from when I had purchased it.

In that case, I wonder what the heck it could be...perhaps it's up against another portion of the truck or frame? Odd though that it wouldn't have been making the noise from the start versus just developing over the last several weeks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269