exhaust configuration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wafflecakes13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be doing exhaust soon on my 01 z71 hoe soon and was just wanting to get different opinions. Pretty sure I'm gonna go with a super 44, loud but not insane like a 10 or straights. Wanting to probably do duals but also playing around of the idea of doing a single custom tip. If I go with duals I've read that true duals sound different than a split pipe, but not much. Thoughts?

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
before i bought my exhaust setup i listened to 50 millioin different opinions finally i just went with the best bang for the buck i got a set of pace setter long tube headers and off road y and got the flowmaster dual side exit kit for my tahoe all of amazon
it was just over 500 for the flowmaster kit 389 for the headers and 141 for the y pipe
and it sounds mean

as far as the tru dual question
as far as i know they dont make a tru dual kit for the tahoe there all one pipe in to the muffler and dual out
after being under my tahoe installing my exhaust id have to say installing a tru dual setup would be very difficult if it was possible

Last edited:

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently installed a super44 on a 5.4 ford f250 and it sounds real good. Its a bit more raw then the traditional 40 series or the like. Cool muffler.

Sasquatch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will sound good but you`re going to have really bad drone. Some guys change their 40 or 44 to a 50 because it`s so bad.

I have a custom catback with three inch pipe from the Y pipe to the 50 series flowmaster muffler and two and a half inch dual tails with four inch tips and it is pretty damn loud. But very little drone.

TxDrewski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It will sound good but you`re going to have really bad drone. Some guys change their 40 or 44 to a 50 because it`s so bad.

Yeah I just posted about my new setup, I had the 44 dumped behind the axle (Original Owner), and OMG the drone on that thing at 70 was effing terrible. I ran my 3" back to the original location with a 4"tip after I got my LT's and ORY on. MUCH better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman