escalade seat swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ebxgsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has done this? i bought a set of seats on ebay. they look great & the bracket matches up. problem i found is that the wiring harness does not match.

anyone have a wiring diagram on the escalade seats (there are a lot more wires for the escalade harness). that way i can cut & splice in the harnesses off my old seats.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

groundscr8pr

flaccid member
Reaction score
i have escalade seats in my 02 tahoe. the pass side is just 12v and ground(orange and black) then plug in the airbag. the drive side is the same except there is a small black(i think) that needs to be connected for the seat belt warning light. i was notable to make the heat or memory functions work.

OP
OP
E

ebxgsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure what year these seats are out of, but the harness is twice as big as the one in my yukon. there are a bunch of wires where my yukon only has like 4.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually ran into the same problem, and all I could do was connect the black and orange wire to have the seats powered up. No heat and no memory. My truck is an 02 and my seats came out of an 05 escalade. It's been searched and the heat will not be able to work.

OP
OP
E

ebxgsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet. that's what i was really looking for. i don't think i'm worried about the heated seats right now. just wasn't sure what to hook up to get them to move. thanks.

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem, on mine everything works except the heat and memory. The heat doesn't really bother me since I have remote start and for the cold days just have the heat on and get in and go. Post some pics when your done with the install.

OP
OP
E

ebxgsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will thanks for the tip. now i just have to find the time to actually do the swap between work & my 3 year old, lol.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
The heat and memory functions are controlled through several different modules that are not compatible in pre-2003 models.

tahoe96

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hope it's ok, to resurrect an old thread i like to search first rather than asking redundant questions... but i want to swap out my seats in my 96 2 dr tahoe. heat would be great! they are just generally busted (pass seat rocks, driver armrest, leather shot).
did anyone ever get the wiring worked out? what is the best option? thanks from the new poster- long time lurker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
318dukedog