Escalade/Denali Hitch Cover Clips? Worth a Group Buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ranorris2

The Coolest
Reaction score
34 bucks is kind of steep for that, but honestly the only reason I dont have a cover is because I hear how easy they break...if this solves the problem of the cheap clips the cover comes with I would be willing to get a hitch cover and these "improved clips"

crazycrew

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My thoughts are it may be worth it. I haven't installed mine yet, but I'm looking for a way to secure when I do install.

Let me know what you decide!!

Sent from My iPhone

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm buying a set regardless. :)

metal4all6

Reaction score
I would be interested if I had a cover. It must have fallen off at some point. We should do a group buy for the covers too ;).

awray

Reaction score
I have had my hitch cover come loose at the top 2-3 times. It has never fallen completely off. We would get home from a road trip and the cover would be hanging by the bottom clips, parallel to the ground. I put a piece of foam that is used under a pickup truck cap or topper across the top of the bumper, just above the hitch. It forces the 4 tabs to stay engaged and not fall out. So far it has worked. It does look a little redneck with the cover off, but I don't tow anything so it's not an issue for me.

gnarpow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, for anyone who has lost their cover (like me, i'm on my 3rd now) the new covers have extra tabs that help hold the top clips in. They are on the sides about an inch down from the top. They make it so as long as the bottom is attached, the cover can not slide down.
I was planing on getting this "improved clips" from ebay with my new cover, but ended up just getting 2 bolts some washers and wingnuts from ACE to replace the cheapo plastic fasteners with. I honestly can't see how the ebay clips would really help me from losing the cover again with the upgraded design.

OP
OP
THE YETI

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone interested in these, let me know. $26 shipped. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401