Escalade Airbag Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve1081

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Media hype. Just like the Toyota sudden acceleration .
The media and our congress get all over this stuff when it becomes a "hot button". I just got a recall for my prius (work car) and nothing about it on the news. If it was 3 years ago during acceleration gate they would have been droning on about it on CNBC all night.

The tv special the other night (dateline maybe?) was going on about the tragedy of a young girl dying in a GM car (chevy cobalt I think) because of the ignition switch issue and only halfway through the story did they mention that she was drunk and speeding at the time of the accident.

Now I'm sure there is some truth to this ignition issue; but, if the "cover story" for the media brigade has the asterisk of "also drunk and speeding" that tells me they (the media) might be more concerned about ratings than a real story. Just my .02 cents.

End of my rant...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sssiglover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When we began shopping for a new SUV we talked to someone we know that's pretty high up at GM. They told me these big SUV's and a few other GM products are some of their best built products. They did say all the other GM cars are basically crap in not so many words.. We own a 2012 Escalade we bought new that's been flawless so I already had a good feeling about these new trucks.. I also owned a 2 door 99 Tahoe which I loved but the transmission took a shit at 50k miles. But we watch the news like everyone else so obviously my wife has been asking me daily are you sure we should be buying another GM truck. I keep telling her tell her yes it should be fine and if anything all these recalls and bad press should put a fire under GM's ass to start building better cars. Also this 2015 Escalade recall was only on a few hundred so i don't see this as to big of a deal. Glad someone brought this up i have been wondering why no one has mentioned any of these recalls on this forum.