entertainment not work with iphone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robinlm2

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have a 2021 AT4 yukon
I can not get the iphone to work. i got the lighting cable and the hdmi. but I only have sound and no video.. I know the screen works bc a samsung phone hooks up just fine. Went to dealer and they dont know shit

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Use the thread search function. Some people have gotten it to work.

Shawdog

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
We traded in our 2021 Tahoe RTS for a 2022. The 2021 had the option on the rear entertainment screens to watch the map and program places to go, then send them to the front screen for the driver to accept. This made travel easy. The 2022 doesn’t have this feature thst I Can find!
Plus I’ve tried multiple hdmi cords plus lightning cables snd I really find it hit or miss weather they work. I find the screens to look great but are behind the times as far as technology goes. They are fairly useless.

I might have to purchase a android just to get the system working.

Thoughts?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 2021 AT4 yukon
I can not get the iphone to work. i got the lighting cable and the hdmi. but I only have sound and no video.. I know the screen works bc a samsung phone hooks up just fine. Went to dealer and they dont know shit
You need to be clear....does it not work with the Rear Seat Entertainment, or does it not work to connect to the Infotainment Screen on the dash via CarPlay....

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We traded in our 2021 Tahoe RTS for a 2022. The 2021 had the option on the rear entertainment screens to watch the map and program places to go, then send them to the front screen for the driver to accept. This made travel easy. The 2022 doesn’t have this feature thst I Can find!
Plus I’ve tried multiple hdmi cords plus lightning cables snd I really find it hit or miss weather they work. I find the screens to look great but are behind the times as far as technology goes. They are fairly useless.
Those nav features were eliminated from the 2022 and beyond (likely negated by the Google system...or the apps just aren't developed yet). Still think it was dumb of GM to remove those...but..alas...it is what it is.

Several people have plugged Amazon Fire Sticks or Roku devices into HDMI and run them off phone data or the vehicle hotspot with success.
Another thread mentioned you need to get an HDMI splitter that supports HDCP (HDCP = HDMI Digital Content Protection), and then your Lightning to HDMI will work.

I don't have RSE in my vehicle, so can't vouch for the above...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denali21