engine replacement??????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mcarlson83

mcarlson83

Reaction score
The walls seem good, i havent measured them yet. But i know i can get the head reworked, the only thing of concern isbwhere the valve goes through the head. They said they can press in new seats. But yes i love the 6.2 its a bad ass motor.

Brian Wilson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Seems like you have a handle on things. As far as tuning goes, I really can't help. But I have built alot of ls engines if you ever need help with that

OP
OP
mcarlson83

mcarlson83

Reaction score
i may seem like i have a handle on things, but not really, lol. with this whole disaster it also adds in 5 billion other questions, like trans issues that may pop up? how long till i snap cv's cause i know being lowered as much as i am puts a lot of undue stress on them! so in the next few weeks you will see me popping up all over the forum asking questions.

my dream end result here is to have a family hauler race truck, lol most likely not with this suv, might go find a bone stock yukon and plant the motor from this truck into it after its fully rebuilt with some whistling toys attached to it. damn pipe dreams

Reaction score
I would assume putting an amped up motor back in, you would need to build the transmission too, especially if you put that 376/525 in. Hell, if it were me, I'll do all the above and the rear end. The only way you'll get away with it with the stock trans and rear, you'll have to granny it all the time and like me, looks you have a heavy foot. LOL.. Also, does anyone know if the 376/525 will be a direct fit for a Tahoe with the 5.3L and 4X4?

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What 376/525 are you talking about? I didn't see it listed on TMS' site. Or is it from another site?
Regardless, if its a Gen IV, it will be a direct replacement. Tune and go.
A few mods to the 4l60e would make it last a little longer unless you have the 6l trans. Otherwise, I'd be looking into an 80e
A TruTrac would be all that's needed for the rear.

OP
OP
mcarlson83

mcarlson83

Reaction score
Sorry guys! Got busy but for time constraint issues i just went with a brand new gm l92 long block, in the end i have a great base to start building from down the road.

Heres a few progress pics, buttoning stuff up tonight. I plan on slowly buying parts for the motor coming up, get all the cam upgrade stuff first, then look at the callies 416 stroker kit. But like i said its a great base to start from.

20160917_214623.jpg

20160921_232117.jpg

20160923_003710.jpg

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, where did you end up getting it from? Jegs, Summit or direct from GM?

Brian Wilson,

Hahahaha, that's great.

OP
OP
mcarlson83

mcarlson83

Reaction score
Ya everytime i look at my tb is see him! Its kinda creepy! Lol

So now that i have my baby up and running ill let ya all know what went on.

Well i got the brand new L92 long block from the local chevy dealer. It was $3816 gor the ling block and my buddy in the parts dept waived the core charge of $2500, but with tax $4200 out the door. I had to swap my oil pan over to the new block.

In thr process swapped in a new oil pressure sensor, starter and a few other odds and ends, i cleaned up the intake and trimmed some plastic then painted it a black metallic high time engine paint, then cleaned up the ports and tb opening, went through and polished the tb mainly cause ibwas bored but im pretty sure it should add like 50 wheel horse being all shinny now! But over all didnt get to crazy.

I did realize that the engineers of these body gm's needs to be throat punched, who the hell puts a engine a inch away from the fire wall? Theres pleanty of room to move it forward just a inch and give some damn clearance.

But over all pretty easy job, oh ya you have to turn the engine side ways to get it out of the engine, lol

My only issues is my oil pressure is constantly at 60+ psi unless in park then its down to 40, is this normal? Lol the old motor ran at 30 to 40 psi. The other issue is im have check engine light for knock sensor low input or something like that and tcm connection issues, but no driveabality issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts