Engine Mount Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, I have my engine bay & undercarriage all cleaned up and I'm starting to put the new parts in. My motor mounts, the rubber encased in steel mounts that bolt to the frame, don't quite line up? That is, when the top two bolts are just barely tight, the bottom bolt hole surface is a good 1/4" away from the frame???? BTW, the original motor mounts are identical. It's like you need a washer between the frame and the mount at the bottom bolt. Is this the way it's supposed to be???? Like I said, the original mounts fit the exact same way. No washer was used originally. Both left and right sides are like this.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

After looking at this closer, the bottom of the mounts are convex. So, tightening everything down is going to compress the rubber portion. Is this intentional? Something to hold the rubber portion tighter?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AEHaas

Latest posts