Engine cuts out and bad water temp gauge?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

surferrepoman

Reaction score
My water temp gauge in my Denali started jumping around between 180 down to 150 and the motor cut out for a brief second each time. I was driving at 70 mph. It happened about 10 times over about five minutes. I stopped checked under the hood, no leaks or anything. Any ideas what the problem could be?

OP
OP
surferrepoman

surferrepoman

Reaction score
Well I finally got around to looking at the Denali today. I replaced the fuel filter, this actually made the problem worse! I almost didn't make it home after driving it a few miles it died a couple of times. So I decided to clean the MAF sensor and the throttle body. The throttle body had enough crap in it I could paint my face black and go hunting! After a bottle of cleaner and letting it dry, I fired it back up and drove it around for about 50 miles and it runs better than new!

Just thought I would post this in case someone else has a similar issue. Now it needs one hell of a bath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WayneW

Latest posts