Engine Build- Cam, LT's, Heads, ECT...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK,

I have had enough! Guys over at the school think there shit don't stink in there 2009 STOCK mustangs. Thats fine...I will show them.

Here is what I need to know-

GM Hot Cam? Do I need new lifters or pushrods or rockers? To sum it up how much will the cam and other NECESSARY parts set me out? (BTW, Looking for something I can possibly just set in and set the rockers and go!)

LT's are a must...
BBP TUNE!
Supercharger! (If I can afford one by the spring!)
MAF? Under drive pulley set? 180* Thermostat?

What else would I need to make this thing run like a top dog?

Jenna, Can you RE-Tune a PCM for my engine specs if I give you all the information?

AND BTW, yes I know it's alot of money but I am selling aton of 9" Ford Parts and racing parts....

So let me know what you guys think!

Thanks,
Tyler

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
forget another OEM cam, call cam manufacture, get what will really wake it up.

gears

Stall
tune
LT headers

if you don't beat them, you sure will impress them with that.

OP
OP
BlueTahoe2001

BlueTahoe2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Blueflamed,

Will ALL LS1 Parts interchange with the LQ Engines? Internals like rods, cams, and pistons?

I may have access to a LS1 Hot cam, Rods, and Pistons for a good price. Also, Gonna find another 5.3 and do a swap once the engine is ready and fully built!

BTW, Can I drop in the motor with the LT's on? Or do I have to do that with the motor in first?

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
Man your goin all out. I cant wait to see the finished product. I just finished my senior year and man did i love blowin all those ricers away.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blueflamed,

Will ALL LS1 Parts interchange with the LQ Engines? Internals like rods, cams, and pistons?

I may have access to a LS1 Hot cam, Rods, and Pistons for a good price. Also, Gonna find another 5.3 and do a swap once the engine is ready and fully built!

BTW, Can I drop in the motor with the LT's on? Or do I have to do that with the motor in first?
The cam will, I don't think rods and pistons will.
But if you like the specs on the LS1 cam, just slide it into a low mileage 5.3, and add the headers whenever your ready. You can do it to the motor you have now, or wait until the swap.
You can find like a 2007 5.3 (non flex fuel) low mileage for fairly cheap, have better heads, etc and slide the cam in. Then install in a weekend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Heavychevyvito