Electronic Defroster Slow to Defrost on Mirrors and Liftgate Glass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jason78

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Suburban that I recently purchased to replace an 04 Yukon XL. I have noticed that when I turn on the electronic defrost, it is much slower to defrost than the Yukon XL was or my 05 Silverado. Both of them start melting the frost almost immediately once button is pushed but on the 05 Suburban, it is much slower to work. It will defrost but takes about 5 minutes. Both mirrors and rear glass are slow so I was thinking it might be a core component of the system. Is there a Defrost module or something similar that I can replace to see if it improves defroster performance? Thanks!

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was years ago, but on my 88 camaro I had this same problem. It would also shut off real quick. I ended up replacing the circuit breaker, and the switch itself, which also contained the timer. I know it is much different in our trucks. but if it does have a circuit breaker, I'd start with that. May have dirty contacts. Also, check your ground.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amada

Latest posts