Electrical problem perhaps? Truck won't start please help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billy_ocean04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got done driving. I parked. Turned the key to the off position. Then I heard a clicking noise coming from under the dash near the floor by the gas and brake pedals. From the are where the wires are. Then my interior lights started blinking. I tried to start the truck but it won't start like the battery is going dead. Then it started but stalled out. Then I started it again and held the gas and now its running. But when I shut it off the clicking noise come back. What could this be?

josetizapan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had same problem a couple of weeks ago try to check youre battery connections make sure there clean.

OP
OP
Billy_ocean04

Billy_ocean04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. So yours did the exact same thing? I thought a ground wire was loose or something. I also thought it was the ignition fuse. I'll check my battery connections. I hope that solves the problem

TheBeast99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i turn off my 99, i hear the fuel pump whine for 1 or 2 seconds and then it stops at the same time i hear that click behind my dash too. figured it was the pump relay shutting it off. there's nothing wrong with my truck, more or less... :p

OP
OP
Billy_ocean04

Billy_ocean04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked my battery connections and they aren't loose. They are tight and there. Is no corrosion.

josetizapan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the connections are good take the truck to youre local parts store so they can check the charging system it should be free.

OP
OP
Billy_ocean04

Billy_ocean04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope its not the alternator :( but that's an easy fix if that's what it is. Hasn't done it in a few days. I took my battery cables off and tightened them down again just for the hell of it the other day. I want a big 3 upgrade. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cmccleese