Electrical Issues - Speedo, Traction Control, Stabilitrack, DIC Flashing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrobie79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any ideas what would cause this? 2012 Escalade Platinum. Just started happening a few days ago. Before it starts tweaking out I'll get the stabilitrack and traction control off message (that's why both are illuminated) as well as detection module failure.

I replaced the ground wire from the battery to the engine, and added one from that engine stud to the passenger strut tower/frame. Also replaced the small wire from the battery to the bolt behind the bumper.

Last edited:

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had something similar

Replacing all the battery wires fixed my issue. The positive to the alternator, the positive to the starter, and the negative cable. I bought factory GM new parts, cost about $200.

OP
OP
J

jrobie79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the battery ground and the ground braid at the firewall so far. The positive cables are next

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Yes Sir, there’s definitely some contamination in your electrical system. I’ll finish this 21 point diagnostic here and may have to replace the battery cables with OEM Cadillac cables special ordered from headquarters in Michigan, or was that Mexico?

I’ll keep it under $1,500.00 for you.

FE8767F6-0E3D-46AA-9A58-2CE546B68107.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abruck