Ebay reverse camera install write-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vette66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is another about 30 mins later it got a bit darker out side. The only issue I have with this is every time you get into the truck and its night you have to turn the brightness down on the screen. The IR light is almost too bright.

Looks like I have a water spot from today's wash I need to get rid of.
79BC8B93-ED1B-420A-8D07-FD1959E766F3-8683-000005B0663B9258_zpsdf05e485.jpg

BTW the resolution on this little screen 3.5" is great for 10 years ago. It not meant to be a high Res screen. It is good enough at 2 feet away to tell where everything is at. For $48 complete for my hack job I can not complain one bit. My wife loves it so it makes it soooooo worth it, hopefully it will keep her 5'4" little butt from backing into anything.

Last edited:

Blue2002Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I've had this camera for a few months and two days ago the screen went out for the second time. The first time it happened the company sent me a new one, but now they don't seem to be on ebay anymore. Does anyone know how to fix the screen? It just doesn't light up when I put it in reverse even though it has power to it. both screens definitely have the same problem. If someone fixes both screens or posts how to fix it I'll have an extra kit (with a camera and wires too) I could give them.

Vette66

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here had low voltage issue at Reverse light in the beginning but fixed with better ground. Make sure you are getting 12+ volts to the reverse light or how ever you have it connected. 11 volts will not turn camera and LCD on.

HELLAbeefy

Reaction score
not sure if i missed the link for the screen im doing this to my tahoe when i get home and cant find the screen yall used. and dont want to hack up my dash to get a random ebay screen to fit. any chance yall can link me to the proper screen that yall used?

Blue2002Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure if i missed the link for the screen im doing this to my tahoe when i get home and cant find the screen yall used. and dont want to hack up my dash to get a random ebay screen to fit. any chance yall can link me to the proper screen that yall used?

Mine gave out, I went to get another one and they don't seem to be on eBay anymore. I searched the exact title, the seller, couldn't find anything. The camera and screen didn't even show up in my purchase history

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

HELLAbeefy

Reaction score

Yukongk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57348
This is the best way to go. I got the idea and method from Alex33, who's thread is linked in the above link too.
Don't waste your time with the ebay OE kit, it's crap. Monitor sucks, camera is awful and it's proprietary, so you can't really use other cameras with it unless you mod the wiring.
With my current setup, you can pretty much replace the camera whenever you want and with whatever you want bc it uses an RCA jack. Oh, and the screen is great and I'm even impressed with the camera quality (not bad at all for under $50 I paid).

Edit:
-I powered the monitor by splicing into the radio Switched Power wire.
-I didn't use the part that Alex33 used for the monitor bc I used the bracket from the eBay kit. Used a dremel and JB Weld to fit it. (eBay kit crapped out after 4 months)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
21 tots hoes Z71