Ebay reverse camera install write-up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
Here's some pics of the install I did for the ebay reverse cam. Let me know if you have any questions that weren't answered here.

Step 1: Remove dash cowling by firmly pulling straight out on the boarder.

DSC01781.jpg
DSC01780.jpg

Step 2: Remove the blanks from the bin. I just ended up putting the TC inside the dash. I never turn it off.

DSC01784.jpg
DSC01785.jpg

Step 3: I removed the bolt holding the AC vent so I could get to the clips holding the blank in a little easier. Then I removed the blank bin.

DSC01786.jpg
DSC01787.jpg
DSC01788.jpg

Step 4: I installed the camera to the license plate. I ended up taking some diagonal cutters and notching out a small channel at the top of the plate to allow a little more wiggle room for the camera cable.

DSC01792.jpg

Step 5: Route the camera/power wire. I took the wire from the camera behind the bumper and up through the hole by the body mount. Then I routed the wire up through the cavity for the LH taillight and end cap. The day light in the second pic is looking up from under the Hoe into where the taillight normally is.

DSC01796.jpg
DSC01797.jpg

Step 6: I spliced the wires directly into the reverse light power and ground. I didn't use a fuse anywhere, just spliced it up.

DSC01798.jpg

Step 7: I routed the rest of the wire through the vent flaps under the end cap into the back then along the paneling that runs under the LH window. From there I just routed it up under the door sills and up to and under the dash. Plug it into the screen and Presto!

***Note*** I had JUST enough wire the way I routed it. If you received the same amount I did, then it's possible.

DSC01799.jpg
DSC01800.jpg
DSC01803.jpg

Like I said, hit me up with any questions. The way it's wired, it will come on and turn off automatically when you put it in reverse and take it back out.

EDIT: That white stuff on the box is silicon. I basically removed all doubt of it being weather proof. And I eventually will clean off a spot on the frame and actually stick the box to it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dropmech

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
goood shit homes! how ya like it?

It's awesome during the day. I'm definitely going to have to get some brighter bulbs for night time reversing. It's pretty decent at night if there are street lights around, but if it's pitch black out, then it really doesn't work that well.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
thats cool. i think im going to mod my camera part so it doesnt sit on my license plate. im not a big fan of how "big" it is..

OP
OP
dropmech

dropmech

Puddle Pirate
Reaction score
thats cool. i think im going to mod my camera part so it doesnt sit on my license plate. im not a big fan of how "big" it is..

Let me know what you end up doing. I'm not a big fan of it myself, but at the end of the day, I only spent $30 on the stinkin thing.

easybake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can't seem to find this on ebay, do you have a link i could check it out at?