Dual battery setup help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read a bunch of posts about dual setups but they are all old posts and I was wondering if there has been any changes in technology or devices? I want my batteries isolated, but I only want the secondary battery to charge when I flip a toggle switch or when it gets below a certain voltage. Only front and rear fog lights will be on it for now, might move my amp to it later or Evans if I get them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a whole kit you can buy, i read some article on it. If i find it ill post it for u. I cant help that much with isolated because i did mine in parallel...years ago i bought an isolater from j.c. Whitney ....

matts

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You could use a relay and put the 12v power wire on a toggle switch. I have a 200 amp Stinger relay/isolator that comes on with the ignition.

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could use a relay and put the 12v power wire on a toggle switch. I have a 200 amp Stinger relay/isolator that comes on with the ignition.

Yea that's what I think I'm going to do since I won't be using it often I don't want my alt working any harder than it should

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After some research and seeing how often I'll be using it, I decided to go with a Stinger 200amp battery relay and isolator and I'll wire it into a 200amp fuse and wire it with a toggle switch to only charge it when it needs it and of course a digital volt gauge

My99Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kudos. It has been a slow but fun build and I really like where it ended up on the last few projects. Solving exactly how to do the electrical took a lot of research and planning...and finally it was certainly more expensive than anticipated. Anyone contemplating the Big Three/Four, a dual battery system and wiring in some auxiliary items should grab a hold of their wallet. lol.

OP
OP
DallasTahoe

DallasTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After much deliberation I think for now I've decided to scrap the dual battery setup, I've never had a problem with power or too many accessories etc. I have the money but not the need, so I'll dump the money into it somewhere else

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rcarew907