Dropped My Old Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
No idea, think $50/wheel but it was 3 years ago or some shit. The limited isn't dropped from the factory it just has the kit which makes it look lower. The only difference on the limited were the bilstein shocks, might have stiffer springs up front but they sat the same.

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
No idea, think $50/wheel but it was 3 years ago or some shit. The limited isn't dropped from the factory it just has the kit which makes it look lower. The only difference on the limited were the bilstein shocks, might have stiffer springs up front but they sat the same.

It might not be a 5/6 but to what i believe the limiteds were lower tho..
i pulled this up over the internet, not trying to be a dick or anything, but i thought i remembered them being lower that's all
"had re-indexed front torsion bars and re-arched rear leaf springs -- dropping the body 2" (or 1.125" depending on which GM press release you read) below the standard Tahoe 4x4's height. A Bell Tech 28mm anti-roll sway bar and 46mm re-valved Bilstein shock absorbers were also standard equipment"

If you don't mine me asking how much does it cost to powder coat all wheels? you got anymore pics of the limited?

I called around a month or 2 ago and asked 5 different companies a price. They said about 75 bucks a wheel. But thats here in ohio, maybe your prices will be different.

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Limiteds were 2wd otherwise those wheels wouldn't fit your truck. I can believe the rear sway bar is larger but it's a baby compared to my 32mm rear. Torsion bars came in the 4wd models and they never made a 4wd limited...internets is wrong yo.

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Front settled to 31 3/4 rear is 31 1/2 so it should be dead level in a week or maybe lower. Snapped a couple pics tonight

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
my truck is at 31 1/2 at all 4 corners :/

when you powdercoated the rims, did you go right over the chevy symbol on the hubcap??

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Naw the vic is my brother's. I painted the caps with krylon fusion.

OP
OP
M

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
They make a black grill and he will get one eventually. It's an unmarked interceptor scooped it for $3200 with 60k on the clock. I'm looking for a lightning 5.4 to throw in it along with a T04E and a built trans.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pamelapanian

Latest posts