Drivers side seat heater takes a few times to turn on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wife was telling me the other day it takes a few times of hitting the button for the seat heater to turn on. The times I drive it I have no problem. Anyone know where to start looking? The does not have the cooled seat feature.

yukonlou

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Owner's Manual for my 2012 Yukon, Page 3-7 states that the passenger seat might take longer to heat up...

OP
OP
02Lightning

02Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is on the driver’s side, I’ve owned the truck from new, and this is acting different from normal. Press the button a few times and nothing lights, press the button and it finally lights and works as normal.

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is on the driver’s side, I’ve owned the truck from new, and this is acting different from normal. Press the button a few times and nothing lights, press the button and it finally lights and works as normal.
Thats how mine started last winter but this winter only the button for the back heat works. I bought a new switch and will be installing soon. I will reply if it fixes it.

67RS427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the switch, mine does it on my 2007 Yukon Denali... Takes 2 or 3 firm presses to turn on. Replace the switch, easy fix.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the switch. You can replace it, or possibly open, and clean it up. Most of these type switched are serviceable, but I haven't done this particular one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660