Drivers side power mirror not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
E

Ed Alexander

Reaction score
I wasn't sure if these were pwr fold or not. Just for the h e l l of it check out koolvue.com for the mirrors.
Funny you mentioned that. I was looking on ebay earlier and saw them on there. koolvue.com though didnt work.

OP
OP
E

Ed Alexander

Reaction score
Try here--https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D8KNYZH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_BK402EK9N250CSCK25T0
Or maybe this?
View attachment 347401
I see it is "paintable" Can I just take the cap off of my old one and put it on this one? The dorman that I tried today was way to zoomed in on the mirror. Made me dizzy. Hopefully this isnt the same. Ill contact seller. thanks!

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I see it is "paintable" Can I just take the cap off of my old one and put it on this one? The dorman that I tried today was way to zoomed in on the mirror. Made me dizzy. Hopefully this isnt the same. Ill contact seller. thanks!
Pretty sure you can use your old caps.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I don't think it is two caps. It is worded funny. The paintable and textured cap is one in the same, IMO. Theoretically, you should be able to swap your old caps but your old caps are older plastic and may break at the holding tabs. I tried on mine and they did. Had to get the new caps painted.

OP
OP
E

Ed Alexander

Reaction score
I don't think it is two caps. It is worded funny. The paintable and textured cap is one in the same, IMO. Theoretically, you should be able to swap your old caps but your old caps are older plastic and may break at the holding tabs. I tried on mine and they did. Had to get the new caps painted.
I bought them. If need be I can paint it. Now to fix my internal lock issue which the plastic piece broke off (right of image). Do you happen to know what this is called? It connects to the outside handle with the cable/ball. I cant find any part numbers on it.

Attachments

• 20210811_173751.jpg
    20210811_173751.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 4

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there all the same from 07-14 as far as the motor/actuator goes, take off the cap and glass and it's 4 star bit bolts.
didn't see any used ones with a brief search but there are a million ways to search because of the way people list them

corona718

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Gobs to pick from here depending on your options:https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...assembly,outside+mirror+&+glass+assembly,1304

If you supply all your options, like puddle/courtesy light, heated, off road package and if chrome....I will look for you at GM sites and give you a GM number to get a good Genuine GM mirror instead of the aftermarket stuff. Unless you are looking for a mirror that will be cheap and who knows how long will work.

i'm looking for the right side mirror on mine -- the power fold stopped working.

I have power fold, heated, turn signal, puddle lamp, dimming. Any help with part #?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
i'm looking for the right side mirror on mine -- the power fold stopped working.

I have power fold, heated, turn signal, puddle lamp, dimming. Any help with part #?

This is a Dorman mirror and I hate Dorman products but do recommend using the supplied GM numbers and cross to Genuine GM parts if available. Look at RA for all the options like smooth or textured mirror caps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10

Latest posts