Driver's Front seat help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
01 Tahoe....Driver power seat will not work. Passenger seat works fine, heat is good to both seats. Lumbar on driver seat works. I was told by dealership the switch is good but it is the seat module that needs replaced. Module is discontinued through GM and they will not install an aftermarket. Help?!

I'd check some junkyards, eBay, etc

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm having a similar but somewhat different issue. My passenger side seat in my 2006 xl Denali does not move all the way back. It will slide all the way up and then when I go to move it back it's like it will only go about a quarter of the way back. The switches all work the way they are supposed to as in directions function normally. I haven't checked yet to ensure that there's not something lodged in the track. I will unbolt the seat first and make sure of that first. But if that's not the problem, should I try this reprogram the seat module route?!

Last edited:

Matthew1981

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm having a similar but somewhat different ideas. My passenger side seat in my 2096 xl Denali does not move all the way back. It will slide all the way up and then when I go to move it back it's like it will onlife about a quarter of the way back. The switches all work the way they are supposed to as in directions function normally. I haven't checked yet to ensure that there's not something lodged in the track. I will do that first. But if that's not the problem, should I try this reprogram the seat module route?!
How do you reprogram the module?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm having a similar but somewhat different issue. My passenger side seat in my 2006 xl Denali does not move all the way back. It will slide all the way up and then when I go to move it back it's like it will only go about a quarter of the way back. The switches all work the way they are supposed to as in directions function normally. I haven't checked yet to ensure that there's not something lodged in the track. I will unbolt the seat first and make sure of that first. But if that's not the problem, should I try this reprogram the seat module route?!

If you put it back as far as it wants to go, put it forward just a touch, and then immediately back again, does it go farther than it did the first time? Also, when it stops, does it say "click click"?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you put it back as far as it wants to go, put it forward just a touch, and then immediately back again, does it go farther than it did the first time? Also, when it stops, does it say "click click"?
No change. It still stops where it does without change. But there's no click click noise. Listening to it move, it does sound like something is lodged in the track. So first thing in the morning I'm gonna unbolt the whole seat and see if I can figure what's stuck and where it's stuck.

Bobby C

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2004 Yukon Driver's seat is stuck in full back position. The wire came out of the motor. I cannot move the seat forward to get the seat out. Any way to move the seat forward. I cannot find a manual override.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As @HiHoeSilver suggested, I listened as I moved my front passenger seat around. Turns out I could hear something moving in the track. Poked around and pulled this little ****** out with my extending magnet. Not sure where it even came from. But now my seat moves forward and back the way it should. Thanks for the suggestion mate! Good luck to everyone else's seats!

IMG_0418.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csan2879