Driver's Front seat help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SFBerto415

Reaction score
I own a 2004 SLT Yukon. It has the power seats installed. My wife occassionally drives my Yukon and she mentioned to me that the driver seat no-longer goes all the way forward anymore. I checked it out and I couldn't see anything lodged in the tracks of the seat that will cause it to stop half way.
Do any of you guys/gals know how I can troubleshoot this? I'd hate to take it to the dealer and dish out a lot of mula (I don't have) for something that I can do myself.
Please help me out, thanks folks.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i know nothing about these specificly... however i had a 95 STS with power seats and te passenger seat stopped working... never fixed it as I was told I needed a new motor which was many hundreds of dollars

tahoe7689

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my seat has that trouble plus tons more! I believe it needs a new stepper motor because when they start going bad they function partially and on and off. I havent gotten around to fixing mine but some research I have done has led me to that conclusion. Let me know if and how you fix it

milano

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue on my 2003 Tahoe. My driver seat module needed to be reprogrammed. Here is the detail I found on it.

At first I didn't notice the opposite direction problem. Just the limited range of movement.

Good Luck!

-------
#PIT3598: Power Seat Switch Works in the Opposite Direction - keywords AN3 driver electrical intermittent memory module move operation recall reverse RKE - (May 26, 2005)

Subject: Power Seat Switch Works in the Opposite Direction

Models: 2003-2005 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT
2003-2005 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2003-2005 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali with Seat, Front Individual (Non BKT) (RPO AN3)
2003-2005 HUMMER H2 with Seat, Front Bucket Deluxe (RPO AR9)

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=1665575&from=sm#ss1-1665575

Some customers may state that the Power Seat Switch will work in the opposite direction.
Example: The customer will move the switch forward and the seat will go backwards.

Recommendation/Instructions:
http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=1665575&from=sm#ss2-1665575

Do not replace the memory seat module or switch the wiring at the Power Seat Switch. A software anomaly exists with the memory seat module. Reprogram the driver seat module with updated software in Bulletin # 04-08-50-016B to resolve this concern.
Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

-----

OP
OP
SFBerto415

SFBerto415

Reaction score
I had the same issue on my 2003 Tahoe. My driver seat module needed to be reprogrammed. Here is the detail I found on it.

At first I didn't notice the opposite direction problem. Just the limited range of movement.

Good Luck!

-------
#PIT3598: Power Seat Switch Works in the Opposite Direction - keywords AN3 driver electrical intermittent memory module move operation recall reverse RKE - (May 26, 2005)

Subject: Power Seat Switch Works in the Opposite Direction

Models: 2003-2005 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade ESV, Escalade EXT
2003-2005 Chevrolet Avalanche, Silverado, Suburban, Tahoe
2003-2005 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL, Yukon Denali with Seat, Front Individual (Non BKT) (RPO AN3)
2003-2005 HUMMER H2 with Seat, Front Bucket Deluxe (RPO AR9)

The following diagnosis might be helpful if the vehicle exhibits the symptom(s) described in this PI.

Condition/Concern:
http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=1665575&from=sm#ss1-1665575

Some customers may state that the Power Seat Switch will work in the opposite direction.
Example: The customer will move the switch forward and the seat will go backwards.

Recommendation/Instructions:
http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=1665575&from=sm#ss2-1665575

Do not replace the memory seat module or switch the wiring at the Power Seat Switch. A software anomaly exists with the memory seat module. Reprogram the driver seat module with updated software in Bulletin # 04-08-50-016B to resolve this concern.
Please follow this diagnosis process thoroughly and complete each step. If the condition exhibited is resolved without completing every step, the remaining steps do not need to be performed.

-----

I clicked on the links that you provided in this thread but it will not allow me access...is this something I can do on my own. You mention a software update, how do I obtain this software and how do I update it?

vatahoelt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I clicked on the links that you provided in this thread but it will not allow me access...is this something I can do on my own. You mention a software update, how do I obtain this software and how do I update it?

normally only the dealership has the equipment and computer program needed to update the software.

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea on what they would charge being it is out ofwsrrenty

r3r3r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Reprogram the driver seat module with updated software in Bulletin # 04-08-50-016B to resolve this concern.

normally only the dealership has the equipment and computer program needed to update the software.

Any idea on what they would charge being it is out ofwsrrenty

I just had this done at the dealer on my 2005 Tahoe. One hour of labor ~$115. Reprogramming the seat module fixed the problem.

My problem was: a combined issue of intermittently not moving all the way forward, and operating in reverse of the switch for the times when it would move forward past a certain point. The switch operated normally in the rear half of the range of movement and in reverse for the front half (when it worked at all). This lead me to think that the switches and motors were operational, and it must be a software error.

DWray20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
switch has power to but motor does not.

My 2003 Tahoe has power everywhere but to the motor itself. its making me think that the switch is bad. a few months ago it quit working all together and it had a loose wire. i fixed that issue and then it was fine. the past few weeks it would not work properly. the memory would push the seat in instead of out etc. Now nothing at all any ideas? Please help!

Dan W.

Matthew1981

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
01 Tahoe....Driver power seat will not work. Passenger seat works fine, heat is good to both seats. Lumbar on driver seat works. I was told by dealership the switch is good but it is the seat module that needs replaced. Module is discontinued through GM and they will not install an aftermarket. Help?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19