Driver front water in floor.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02GMCyukon

Reaction score
My driver front floor is really wet. Closer to the seat than the pedals. I pulled the carpet back to let it dry and could not find a source. Any ideas? I'm new with these SUVs. If it were If it were heater core it would be on the passenger side right???

Thanks in advance for any help

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, heater core is on passenger side. Do you have a sunroof? Might be clogged drains.

OP
OP

02GMCyukon

Reaction score
No sunroof. Noticed it 4 weeks ago thought maybe a window got left down. Pulled the mats today to vacuum and seen it again. No rain here in weeks

OP
OP

02GMCyukon

Reaction score
No prankster, no coolant smell. No holes in the floor and we don't eat or drink in the vehicle... I'm stumped???

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I'm guessing that it might have been washed and windshield stripping or glue sucks n let the water in

drkhrse00

Reaction score
WAter Leak!

Mine did the same and i found some limnks to GMFS that have fixes. Mine was the rubber boot on the A pillar(left side door jamb) that hoiuses the wiring for the door. I pulled it out and ran a bead of urethane tape around it and plugged it back in. So far so good. You will need to lift the carpet and dry the padding under it. Mine would fill with water during a car wash or rain sitting or driving. There is also a cable on the firewall side that is suspect to the leak as well. Good luck!

OP
OP

02GMCyukon

Reaction score
Found the culprit. The hole on the bottom by the white sticker is full of water after a rain. But I can't figure out where it is getting the water from???

Update..
The boot feeding the wiring from the door to the cab is cracked.
Filled it with a bit of rtv silicon and I think it will solve the problem.
Thanks for everyone help.

Attachments

• image-3338987869.jpg
    image-3338987869.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar