dreaded reduesed engine power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outdoorguy1979

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so I have 2003 Tahoe with a 4.8 v8, with mileages unknown. when I bought this Tahoe a year in a half ago the cluster did not work. anyway replaced the cluster and everything works now, so down to the issue I have. for a year now ive been having trouble with reduced engine power, I have to pull over and start and restart the engine a few times or unplug the the throttle body for a few minutes. so with in a year
have replaced in this order
the throttle body
the pig tail to the throttle body
and I have replaced the gas pedal sensor
and the tac module it was used
everything but the tac module was new so I'm still getting reduced engine power.
tonight I have pulled oh each wire to the the throttle body and gas pedal
I have checked the grounds on the back of the engine, under the driver side door and put a new battery in it about 6 months ago.
I am about to pull my hair out and I do not want to have to pay chevy 100.00 for them to put in on there machine. so has anyone had this problem and how did you fix it?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Sub'd. I also occasionally get this issue. I also changed pigtail and replaced entire throttle body. When it comes on, I either shut down and restart, pop hood and wiggle the tb plug, or while it's off, pump the gas pedal 3 times then it's all good.

OP
OP
O

outdoorguy1979

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok update I think I fixed it I took it to chevy dealership and paid 107.00 to have it diagnosed, and they said it was in the wiring between the gas pedal and tac module. I removed the wiring harness and ohmed the harness. I replaced 2 wires with a heaver wire and seems to have fixed it

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
ok update I think I fixed it I took it to chevy dealership and paid 107.00 to have it diagnosed, and they said it was in the wiring between the gas pedal and tac module. I removed the wiring harness and ohmed the harness. I replaced 2 wires with a heaver wire and seems to have fixed it
I wonder if this is a common issue to the nbs, just like the pigtail going to the tb is. Have a pic of the affected/problem harness?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TiGrayMSM