Dreaded Electrical Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I've been searching the last few weeks on this, read some threads and watched some Youtube Videos.

I'm experiencing the dreaded electrical issue that it seems like is a common issue with GM vehicles.

While driving, dash lights start to flicker, doors lock and unlock, service stabilitrack message comes on, loss of power etc...

This a 2011 with 66,300 miles on it. I purchased it only a few months back with 63,000 miles.

Every thing started a few weeks ago after I installed and Airaid JR and Belltech struts and shocks. It'll happen now once every few days. I thought it was a weird coincidence that the truck was fine until the install.

What I have read is to replace the negative battery cable or add another ground.

Is there a 100% clear solution for this problem?

Thanks

JT

Last edited:

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
First off you need to get rid of that intake. Being that I am a good upstanding member of this forum I will take it off of your hands and dispose of it properly since I wouldn't want anyone else to have these same problems. PM me and I will send you my address so you can ship it to me... I will even pay for the shipping because I am a nice guy.

Secondarily, clean all your connections both positive and negative at the battery and engine block and the ground strap at the drivers side rear of engine and at mega fuse..... you get the idea.... then replace any cables that are corroded internally. And you may want to have your battery load tested to be sure that it hasn't been damaged from poor/dirty connections.

OP
OP
Jaytizzle

Jaytizzle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off you need to get rid of that intake. Being that I am a good upstanding member of this forum I will take it off of your hands and dispose of it properly since I wouldn't want anyone else to have these same problems. PM me and I will send you my address so you can ship it to me... I will even pay for the shipping because I am a nice guy.

Secondarily, clean all your connections both positive and negative at the battery and engine block and the ground strap at the drivers side rear of engine and at mega fuse..... you get the idea.... then replace any cables that are corroded internally. And you may want to have your battery load tested to be sure that it hasn't been damaged from poor/dirty connections.

Thanks for the reply back.

Going to look into this later today

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz