Door side moldings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
We've had a number of issues with new moldings not being made correctly, and the tape is too far set in the molding that it doesn't make good contact with the body. Constantly re-taping or sending them back. If you like the chrome - put some escalade moldings on, or go no moldings. If you're under warranty, by all means get them to replace them!

14SWTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed mine, much better look. Just get a 3m adhesive remover wheel, that thing is the cats rear end.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cats rear end?? wut??? :think:

snowjay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My drivers door is suffering from the peeling molding on my '09 and has been for a year or so. At first it was just lifting at the rear a little bit but now it's progressed to the front lifting.

My other issue is the passenger side molding that is all oxidized. It's the only thing on the truck that is like that so I'm guessing someone screwed up the paint or prep on that side. Someone mentioned to me in passing there might be a TSB on the issue, can anyone confirm that?

At 104k I doubt I'm going to get them replaced under warranty since I think my super duper extended coverage that expires at 112k is only for powertrain. Any suggestions to try and get the dealer to replace them?