Door panel vinyl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have a '15 burb approaching 40k & dont have that issue.

OP
OP
Robb92914

Robb92914

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No offense to anyone but GM pussyfied the 2015+ Hoes, Burbs and Esky's . Not as well built than in the past, (like 20 years ago) just my opinion sorry.

I am starting to agree. My buddy has a 2011 Yukon...never any issues...what made me want to get one smh

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2015 Yukon, SLE- My panels are fine, but I've used a product called "UV Tech". It's a scuba product, (basically, an upgraded version of food-grade silicone). I've never been a fan of others as they are mild and tend to require multiple treatments, and can lead to other issues, (concentrated dirt buildup, etc). If there's a scuba shop in the area, or an REI, maybe even amazon, it will put a nice deep shine on your vinyl, leather, plastic, rubber, painted areas, etc and won't "fade" into the material quickly. I last applied a coat (I spray it onto a microfiber towel and wipe it on, vs spraying it directly on) about 4 months ago, and still have an "enriched" shine on my dash, door and panels. If you buy it in bulk, you can put it into a spray bottle for lighter applications. I've never tried it on my tires, but I'm sure it would work well too. It won't help much with your cleaning, but the Z-Cleaner for boats works well, but make sure you dilute it a bit, it is strong. You can also try PVC Boat cleaner.
https://www.rei.com/product/842117/...MI_Ki5_t2L1gIVxYKzCh0kbg0hEAkYASABEgLnGfD_BwE

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I've got a 2015 Yukon, SLE- My panels are fine, but I've used a product called "UV Tech". It's a scuba product, (basically, an upgraded version of food-grade silicone). I've never been a fan of others as they are mild and tend to require multiple treatments, and can lead to other issues, (concentrated dirt buildup, etc). If there's a scuba shop in the area, or an REI, maybe even amazon, it will put a nice deep shine on your vinyl, leather, plastic, rubber, painted areas, etc and won't "fade" into the material quickly. I last applied a coat (I spray it onto a microfiber towel and wipe it on, vs spraying it directly on) about 4 months ago, and still have an "enriched" shine on my dash, door and panels. If you buy it in bulk, you can put it into a spray bottle for lighter applications. I've never tried it on my tires, but I'm sure it would work well too. It won't help much with your cleaning, but the Z-Cleaner for boats works well, but make sure you dilute it a bit, it is strong. You can also try PVC Boat cleaner.
https://www.rei.com/product/842117/...MI_Ki5_t2L1gIVxYKzCh0kbg0hEAkYASABEgLnGfD_BwE

I wonder if this might aid in preventing the dreaded dash cracking...