DOD AFM Delete videos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brian352

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can this be done via tuning only?

Forgive my ignorance, I’ve only owned this vehicle for 2 weeks now.

OP
OP
XSELLR8

XSELLR8

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can this be done via tuning only?

Forgive my ignorance, I’ve only owned this vehicle for 2 weeks now.
It will not keep the failure from ultimately happening, but it should prolong it

rbromm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just completed my step by step videos for deleting the AFM/DOD on my 2015 Yukon Denali 6.2L L86. It’s virtually the same process for the 5.3L L83. Hopefully this video series is helpful to others

DOD AFM Delete Yukon, Tahoe, Silverado, Sierra, Escalade L86 & L83 Part 1 Disassembly cam lifters
I wanted to ask why you didn't replace the oil pump with lower volume version or plug relief valve port? It is my understanding that the extra oil pressure for the AFM system causes spray on cylinders that increased oil consumption. Awesome video! I would love to tackle it myself but my best years are behind me at age 74. Still doesn't look too bad other than the zillions of connectors. Thanks for posting!

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wanted to ask why you didn't replace the oil pump with lower volume version or plug relief valve port?
It is my understanding that the extra oil pressure for the Engine Half@$$ system causes spray on cylinders that increased oil consumption.
Might have something to do with the fact that the cause of the increased oil consumption is the extra oil pressure IN CONJUNCTION with Engine Half@$$?
Not that I'm sure - it'd be nice if @XSELLR8 would chime in?

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the vids. I'll look forward to watching them. Do they apply to older (2008) engines?
Do you mean, does this video about disabling Cylinder Confusion, apply to engines prior to Engine Half@$$?

Can't answer that myself.

I can speculate that the use of the Engine Half@$$ oil pump in an engine that is always a full time V8 is unnecessary, but I also don't see how it'd be harmful either.

Airman68

Reaction score
Do you mean, does this video about disabling Cylinder Confusion, apply to engines prior to Engine Half@$$?
I guess I was asking that the videos were for a 2014 DOD or newer if the procedure was similar to the 2008 vintage DOD delete. I'm guessing it's similar but probably not identical.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz