Disappointed in ride quality?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the previous gen. I had a problem with one of the mag shocks. Push on all for corners with truck off. If one is really stiff there may be your issue. Mine rode like a rock when I’d run over the expansion joints

NYisles1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have 3-4 ride settings. Normal, off road, tow haul and maybe another? Thanks
The other one is Sport. None of those drive mode settings change the shocks or air springs. So there is no way to select a softer or firmer ride, although it seems like there should be.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be the tires and 22's. I've never been a fan of the larger wheels and less sidewall on the tires. 20" rims and 60 series tires ride fantastic on our SLT, no air or magnaride. The ride quality is fantastic IMO and there is very little road noise.

cgator67

Reaction score
I've got no complaints with our '22 RST w/ 6.2L and magnetic ride control. Drives super smooth even with the 22" wheels-- really impressed with it. Sounds like there is something not quite right with yours.

jimgeb

Reaction score
I have a 2021 Tahoe High Country with 6.2 engine. I just returned from the dealer where I had complained about the ride and cabin noise level.

I have told them that it rides like it has 100 psi in tires! Make bumping and rumbling noise on road? It is very agrivating. They acknowledged the noise and said they checked it over. Found nothing!? Returned it to me saying it was normal?? Blamed the noise and bumpy ride on the operation of the 6.2 engine??

Anyone else experienced this issue? Found a solution? What can I do next to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
I purposely ordered a 2022 Premier rather than the High Country so I could get the 20” wheels. The ride is the best I’ve had in my 3 Tahoes. The tires do make a difference.

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the air suspension on your HC? I don't totally love the ride on my At4 6.2 w/air - it can be a little harsh over bumps. I held out for the MRC + Air combo thinking that would give the best ride. Many of the reviews i read raved about it 'floating down the road' and i certainly can't agree with that after a few months of ownership. The 6.2l weighs a couple hundred pounds more than the 5.3l IIRC - so the 5.3l front end may feel a little lighter but I don't know why the dealer would connect ride noise to your 6.2l. There shouldnt be any rumbling .... there is a bulletin about noise coming from the wheel liners on '21's. I'll try to find and post that..

Actually Like2detail had posted it recently in another thread : Link
6.2 shouldnt be a couple hundred pounds heavier...

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purposely ordered a 2022 Premier rather than the High Country so I could get the 20” wheels. The ride is the best I’ve had in my 3 Tahoes. The tires do make a difference.
Exactly why I keep coming back to the Premier it allows the most latitude for getting the right mix of options and still retain the 20" rims.

I hear these trucks need the 22's to fill out the big wheel wells. They are the same tire height.

OP
OP
R

Ron McKuin

Reaction score
I've got no complaints with our '22 RST w/ 6.2L and magnetic ride control. Drives super smooth even with the 22" wheels-- really impressed with it. Sounds like there is something not quite right with yours.
Thanks. I am not having much luck getting my local dealership to take an interest in my problem!!

TexasLC

Reaction score
22s with a lower profile side wall will definitely up the “pebble feel factor”.

MRC and Air will help smooth the ride, but if you’re feeling “pebbles” that’s tire sidewall more so.

But that’s just my opinion : )

EMTPete

Reaction score
I have a ‘21 Yukon with MRC and air suspension. I recently bought a set of 2021 OEM 20” Yukon wheels to replace the 22” wheels it came with. The ride is definitely smoother, so much so that my wife even noticed the difference. The 20” rims also seem to match the chrome trim on the Denali better than the 22s and I find myself not worrying as much about large pot holes due to having more sidewall on the tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRuiz