Difficulty fueling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

indianporfavor

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am having trouble fueling my 05 yukon. Its been happening for a couple weeks, where I can only add ~.5 gallon then have to wait and add another ~.5 gallon. I replaced the purge valve by the tank, and the vent valve on the motor, and still had the issue. I removed the vapor canister and charcoal pellets dumped out of the canister. I replaced the vapor canister and I still had the same issue. I have even changed the fuel cap. Does anyone have any other ideas as to what the cause might be? :emotions122:

Thanks in advance for any help,

Patrick

Edit: Also it will spit gas back out the filler neck if I dont give it enough time.

TTR_48

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have you checked to see if there is a blockage in the main fueling hose? My old ramcharger did this when I first got it and it had a siphon hose block in the hose. Over time debres accumulated around it and wouldn't let fuel through fast enough so I ended up having the same issue you are. Pulled it apart and cleaned it all up and was good to go. I would say check the main line if you haven't yet.

electro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure while fuelling your Evaporate emissions system isn't doing a whole lot. If the truck it off i don't think it is doing anything.

I THINK there is a fuel filler hose from tank to fill neck and a fuel tank vent hose for fuelling . Maybe there is blockage in the vent hose ?

I'm just throwing ideas out here!

Did you have a check engine light?

Probably should get a new gas tank! Just kidding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, it takes me to f?$!@ long to fill up the tank . The pump starts and stops every 20 seconds. I also changed out the purge valve by the gas tank.

I changed out the Evap selonoid valve. Still not able to fuel
I changed out the Evap Canister Valve. Still not able to fuel
I changed out the Fuel pressure sensor. Still not able to fuel

Can some one please help.

Last edited:

01ssreda4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a roll over flapper (safety device) that must stay open during fueling. You can feel it if you take the main filler hose off the tank and reach your finger down into the tank opening.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I'm having the same issue, it takes me to f?$!@ long to fill up the tank . The pump starts and stops every 20 seconds. I also changed out the purge valve by the gas tank.

I changed out the Evap selonoid valve. Still not able to fuel
I changed out the Evap Canister Valve. Still not able to fuel
I changed out the Fuel pressure sensor. Still not able to fuel

Can some one please help.

Update 12-7-2015
I removed the gas tank and the fuel evap hoses and found charcoal bits from the Evap canister inside the fuel evap lines. I brew all the lines and replaced the evap canister and that fixed the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645